Amber warning of extreme heat until 23:59 BST on Sun 14 August
A hot spell will develop across parts of England and Wales later this week.
- Adverse health effects are likely to be experienced by those vulnerable to extreme heat.
- The wider population are likely to experience some adverse health effects including sunburn or heat exhaustion (dehydration, nausea, fatigue) and other heat related illnesses.
- Some changes in working practices and daily routines likely to be required.
- An increased chance that some heat-sensitive systems and equipment may fail.
- More people are likely to visit coastal areas, lakes, rivers and other beauty spots leading to an increased risk of water safety and fire-related incidents.
- Some delays to road, rail and air travel are possible, with potential for welfare issues for those who experience prolonged delays.